I’ve just completed a new FREE video showing how I start a new drawing using Straight Line Block-In. My husband Nowell composed the soundtrack and did all the editing and production:
This is the exercise I give my students:
- Set up a brown paper bag, crumpled and twisted gently. Include a single egg.
- Draw only STRAIGHT LINES and NO SHADING.
- Work small, just 4-5 inches across per drawing, and put in mainly just the longest, most major lines and only a few secondary lines - just until it starts looking like the shape and gesture of the bag. Spend no more than 30 minutes on a drawing.
- Turn the bag and move the egg to make a new composition and start another drawing.
- I am working large with heavy, dark lines so the camera can record the drawing. You should work SMALL and with VERY LIGHT LINES
I teach a private Online Class on Facebook where I teach the fundamental principles of Classical Drawing and Indirect Painting:
Click Here to Learn More about my Online Class!